A good immune system is important for the overall growth of the human body. Immune system fights against the different health issues. Your immune system is your body’s defense mechanism that protects you from getting sick and promotes healing when you are unwell or injured. You can strengthen your immune system by eating nutritious foods, exercising and getting enough sleep. Some neurological issues also affect immunological problems, and the best Neurologist in Punjab offers appropriate treatment.
What is the definition of the immune system?
Your immune system is a large network of organs, white blood cells, proteins and chemicals. These parts all work together to protect you from germs and other invaders. Your immune system also helps your body heal from infections and injuries.
Which organs are a part of the immune system?
There are different parts that are involved in the immune system.
- White blood cells: The white blood cells cause problems. In that case, the immune system attacks and eliminates harmful germs to keep you healthy. There are many white blood cells, each with a specific mission in your body’s defense system.
- Complement system: This is a group of proteins that teams up with other cells in your body to defend against invaders and promote healing from an injury or infection.
- Lymph nodes: These small, bean-shaped organs are like colanders you use to drain pasta. They filter waste products from the fluid drains from your tissues and cells while keeping the good components, like nutrients.
- Spleen: This organ stores white blood cells that defend your body from invaders. It also filters your blood, recycling old and damaged cells to make new ones.
- Tonsils and adenoids: Located in your throat and nasal passage, tonsils and adenoids can trap invaders as soon as they enter your body.
- Skin: Your skin is a protective barrier that helps stop germs from entering your body. It produces oils and releases other protective immune system cells.
Conditions and disorders that cause immune system related issues.
Different conditions and disorders can cause immunological issues.
- Allergies: An allergy is your body’s reaction to a substance that’s normally harmless. Your immune system overreacts to the presence of that substance, leading to a range of symptoms from mild to severe.
- Autoimmune diseases: These conditions occur when your immune system attacks its own healthy cells by mistake. Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are examples of common autoimmune diseases.
- Primary immunodeficiency diseases: These inherited conditions prevent your immune system from working properly. They make you more vulnerable to infections and certain diseases.
- Infectious diseases: Infectious diseases happen when germs enter your body, replicate and cause damage.
- Cancer: Different types of cancer, like leukemia and lymphoma, can weaken your immune system. That is because cancer cells may grow in your bone marrow or spread there from somewhere else. These cancers are related to the neuron system. The best Neurosurgeon in Ludhiana performs the surgery on neurons.
- Sepsis: Sepsis is an extreme immune response to infection. Your immune system starts damaging healthy tissues and organs. This causes potentially life-threatening inflammation throughout your body.
Many people are suffering from immunological issues because of different reasons. Contact the Neurociti hospital for having the satisfying treatment, we have the best and experienced doctor.