Best Neurology Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab
|Central nervous system (CNS)||Brain and Spinal Cord|
|Peripheral nervous system (PNS)||Nerves present outside the CNS, All of them|
General Conditions treated by a Neurologist
- Headache, memory disturbances (Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, etc), Intellectual decline, Speech Problems, Stress Intolerance, Sleep Disorders, Change in Personality, Abnormal Behaviour, Giddiness, Vertigo, Unconsciousness, etc.
- Weakness (paralysis), Loss of sensation or numbness, Imbalance or incoordination, Loss of vision, Loss of Hearing, Tinnitus (abnormal noise in the ears) Double vision, Swallowing problems, Wasting of muscles, Inability to walk, Chronic pain syndromes, Seizures (convulsions epilepsy), Drop attacks, etc.
- Stroke (brain hemorrhage/infarction), Diseases of arteries and veins of the brain and spinal cord, brain tumors.
- Parkinson’s disease, Wilson’s Disease, Twitching of the face, squint, Dystonias, Writer’s cramp, Tourette’s syndrome, Tremors, Tics, Myoclonus, Chorea, etc.
- Infections of brain and spine or nerves like Meningitis and Encephalitis, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Leprosy, etc.
- Multiple Sclerosis, Gillian Barre syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, Muscular dystrophies, Motor Neuron Disease, Neuropathies, etc.
Which are the subspecialties in Neurology?
- Stroke: Emergency management of stroke within minutes or hours can dramatically alter the outcome. We have a dedicated stroke team, which is implementing the stroke protocols without any delays as soon as the patient enters the hospital. We also have the most advanced backup technology for the best possible care of a stroke patient.
- Epilepsy: All types of epilepsies and the resultant complications, as well as various aspects of supportive care for improving quality of life in epilepsy patients, are available. Facilities for epilepsy surgery in deserving patients are also available.
- Movement Disorder: For patients with Parkinson’s disease, Wilson’s disease Chorea, Athetosis, Dystonias, Tourette syndrome. Restless legs syndrome, Tremors, etc, experienced team is available for complete care, including surgery and rehabilitation in selected cases.
- Headache: Though Migraine is known to be the most common cause of headache, there are many other causes of headache like allergies, infections, drugs, tumors, etc, and there are also other types of headaches like cluster headache, etc. Only an expert with vast experience in treating headaches is usually able to differentiate and treat complex headaches. We are offering a specialty headache clinic at our institute every week.
- Dementia and Memory Disturbances: Specialists in the field of dementia and other memory disturbances are available for comprehensive and long term care of such patients
Which procedures are used to provide neurology treatment?
- Autoimmune diseases, such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Bleeding in the brain
Say goodbye to neuro problems, Book your initial consultation with our team of experts without any delay.
During the procedure, a needle is inserted into the muscle which is known as electrodes. They will record the electrical level when the muscle tissues are doing something and while at rest. These records will be beneficial to check neuromuscular problems like ALS and myasthenia gravis.
- Standing up and sitting down
- Crossing and uncrossing their legs
- Holding their arms above their head
- Genetic testing
- Laboratory tests, such as blood and urine analyses
- Imaging tests, such as ultrasounds & MRI, CT, and PET scans
What are the symptoms when you need to consult a neurologist?
- Muscle weakness
- Frequent or severe headaches
- Loss of coordination
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Sensory changes that affect the sense of smell, touch, vision, or taste
Keep in mind, nothing will benefit you when you ignore the unwanted symptoms or do not take your health seriously. In such a case, you will regret it in the future. So, it’s better to consult the medical expert on time for your betterment of health.