- Cause swelling in airways or inflammation
- Lung’s air sacs get filled with fluids and mucus
With every passing year, the cases of pneumonia are increasing in terms of higher death risk. As there are a few pneumonia types categorized as contagious, it’s imperative to consult a medical expert for a personalized Pneumonia Treatment in Ludhiana, Punjab, to ensure that the condition does not get worse with time. At Neurociti, under the expert guidance of Dr. Vikesh Gupta, you will get the most advanced and compassionate care to get your condition in a manageable state.
What are the common signs and symptoms of pneumonia?
|Bacterial Pneumonia||Symptoms occurs suddenly or gradually:
|Viral pneumonia||Symptom occurs over a time period & stays for several days and shows symptoms like:
If you notice any of these symptoms, seek immediate medical assistance to get your situation under control.
Am I at an increased risk of getting pneumonia?
- Individuals at the age of 65 and under age 2.
- Having health-related issues causing a weak immune system like undergoing chemo sessions, having HIV & AIDS, transplanted organs to someone, and autoimmune disease.
- Diagnosed with conditions that affect the heart and lungs like asthma, bronchiectasis, heart disease, sarcoidosis, pulmonary fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, fibrosis, and uncontrolled diabetes
- Diagnosed with neurological problems leading to problems swallowing like stroke, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia.
- People who drink alcohol or smoke are exposed to toxic fumes or substances, and pregnant women are at increased risk of pneumonia.
What are the causes of pneumonia?
- Not able to take a deep breath
- Facing problems like breath shortness and mild exercise
- Having excess mucus that stays there for a long time
- Breath shortness that happens when you perform daily activities Don’t ignore the symptoms. Otherwise, it will only get worse with time
What are the causes of pneumonia?
Pneumonia happens due to viruses, fungi, or bacteria and depends on the germ type that leads to it and its location. With all these conditions, you must seek immediate medical assistance and know the most effective method of its management.
Are there any complications of pneumonia?
- Kungs have fluid buildups
- Breathing problem
- Bloodstream contains bacteria
- Lung abscess
Management and treatment of COPD
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Supplemental oxygen
How is pneumonia diagnosed?
To analyze the problem all effectively and understand well the root cause of the problem, the doctor performs:
- Physical examination and health history check
- Will perform chest X-ray to look for any signs of infection
- Do pulse oximetry test to check oxygen amount in the blood
- Perform lab tests
How is pneumonia treated?
- Bacterial pneumonia
Antibiotic treatment by considering overall health and age as well as other factors.
- Viral pneumonia
Usually, there’s no treatment for viral pneumonia, and if the problem is flu virus, then other options are suggested. Options like exercise and therapy may be suggested.
- Fungal pneumonia
In the case of antifungal pneumonia, antifungal medications are given depending on the possible cause.
Additionally, in the case of children, the problem is not treated any differently. But, be mindful of taking all necessary measures told by the doctor to ease the severity of the symptoms.
Take measures to prevent complications
- Make sure to follow the treatment suggested by the doctor and take medications on time
- You need to get enough rest so that it helps you fight the problem
- Increase your intake of plenty of fluids
- You should always visit for the follow-ups from time to time