Asthma is a condition when airways narrow and swell & might produce mucus. You may have difficulty breathing and coughing, leading to wheezing and triggering breath shortness. In many cases, the asthma problem might be minor, which makes it all difficult to perform daily activities with ease and can prove to be a life-threatening condition. Make sure you get asthma treatment in Ludhiana from one of the best doctors to make the situation manageable.
Symptoms of Asthma
- Breath shortness
- Pain or chest tightness
- Wheezing as you inhale which is common among asthma patients
- Problem sleeping which leads to wheezing, coughing, and breath shortness
Under the expertise of the best asthma doctor in Ludhiana, you are given the most appropriate treatment plan for making things much better.
Did you know?
- Mild intermittent
Mild symptoms for around two days a week and two nights a month.
- Mild persistent
Symptoms last two times in one week and occur just once in a single day.
- Moderate persistent
Symptoms occur once a day and more than one night a week.
- Severe persistent
Symptoms occur on most days and especially at night.
Don’t ignore the symptoms, as these are a sign of asthma
Causes of Asthma
- Physical activity
- Cold air
- Airborne allergens like dust mites, pollens, pet dander, mold spores, or particles of cockroach waste
- Respiratory infections like the common cold
- Irritants and air pollutants like smoke
- Intake of some medications like beta-blockers, aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and other over-the-counter medications can create problems.
Make sure you begin your treatment plan on time to make the situation manageable. The experienced asthma doctor at our hospital will analyze the problem effectively to understand what should be done next.
Diagnosis of Asthma
- Peak flow
If the reason is not clear or something seems off, then the doctor performs other necessary tests like:
- Methacholine challenge
- Imaging tests
- Allergy test
- Nitric oxide test
- Sputum eosinophils
- Proactive testing
Preventive measures for asthma patients
- Make sure to follow the asthma plan suggested by the doctor
- It would help if you got the necessary vaccination on time for pneumonia and influenza
- Understand the possible triggers
- Make sure to keep a proper check on the breathing
- Always take the medications on time as suggested by the doctor.
Adjusting your daily routine brings a considerable difference to the entire situation and helps you live your everyday life with ease.