OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
OCD or obsessive-compulsive disorder basically shows a pattern of unwanted fears and thoughts, or you can say it is an obsession. This dominant thought process leads you to do repetitive behaviors (compulsive). This compulsive and obsessive behavior can disrupt your daily life activities, causing you severe distress.
You might try out some techniques and tricks to stop or ignore your obsession, but in short, it only leads to more distress and anxiety. In the end, you might feel driven to perform all those compulsive acts in order to ease your stress. Despite thinking of getting rid of and ignoring the compulsive behavior, the bothersome thought process and urges come back in full force. This leads to more ritualistic behavior- the beginning of a never-ending cycle or loop of OCD.
With the help of the Best Neurologist in Ludhiana, you can treat your OCD and live a more stress-free life.
There are certain themes on which OCD often centers around. For instance, you can get an excessive fear of getting contaminated with germs. Now in order to ease that fear, you would often wash your hands at a particular interval of time until they are sore and chapped.
Remember, there is a very limited discourse on the normal surrounding of OCD. If you or your child is suffering from one, make sure to treat it from a Paediatric Neurologist in Ludhiana and get effective treatment.
Symptoms of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
Let us begin our symptoms from the obsession part and then move to another section.
These are some of the themes that obsession often has in them.
- Fear of contamination or getting dirt
- Having difficulty tolerating or doubting uncertainty.
- There is a need to want things in order and in a symmetrical way
- Having horrific or aggressive thoughts about harming yourself or someone else and losing control.
- Having some unwanted thoughts such as sexual, aggression, or religious subjects.
Examples of obsession signs
Some of the examples that might explain the obsession signs and symptoms include:
- You might have a fear of contamination by touching some foreign object that others might have touched before.
- You might have some doubts about whether or not you have closed the door or turned off the light.
- Having extreme stress when the objects are not placed in an orderly manner.
- Having images of driving your car into a crowd of people
- You might have thought about acting inappropriately or shouting obscenities in public.
- Unpleasant sexual images
- Avoid situations that can trigger obsessions, such as shaking hands.
Just like the obsession, these are some of the themes that compulsions typically have:
- Washing and cleaning often
- Checking things many times
- Counting again and again
- Following a very strict routine
- Demanding reassurance repeatedly
Example of compulsion signs
- Washing your hand till your hands becomes raw
- Checking the door, again and again, to ensure that they are locked
- Checking the stove repeatedly to ensure that they are off
- Counting in a specific pattern
- Repeating a prayer, phrase or word silently
- Arranging the products in a certain way