Spinal Cord Disorder
Punjab: Spinal Cord Disorder is one of the medical conditions which includes damage or negative impact on spinal cord health. Several conditions can make the situation worse like:
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated disc
- Vertebral fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
No matter what, the Spinal Cord Injury Treatment in Ludhiana has to be started on time so that the situation does not get worse in the coming years or there is something more problematic.
Spinal cord disorder can occur in different areas
The spinal cord contains different nerves which go all the way to the brain & present at the back. One of its essential functions is to set the message to all the body parts from the brain. It has 4 different parts and if any of the ones get affected there are high chances of getting a spinal cord disorder. The 4 key areas are:
- Cervical (neck)
- Lumbar (upper back region)
- Thoracic (lower back region)
- Sacral (pelvis)
If you have the problem then better get yourself medical assistance by scheduling your initial consultation at one of the known Neuro Hospital in Ludhiana.
Which are the major signs & symptoms of spinal cord disorder?
Here are some of the triggering signs & symptoms of spinal cord disorder:
- Sensation begin to loss
- Paralysis or weakness of limbs
- Reflex changes
- Uncontrolled muscle spasms
- Back pain gets severe
- Bowel or urinary control is not right
What are the causes of spinal cord disorder?
There are high chances that the problem can be present on the inside or outside. Both the situations are mentioned below:
- Spinal cord damage from the outside
This situation triggers spinal cord compression or injury. The problem may be due to several issues like spinal degeneration, a bone fracture which will include the herniated disk tumor, and hematoma.
- Spinal cord damage from the inside
In case the spinal cord damage is from the inside then the problem is likely to occur due to different factors like:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Autoimmune diseases
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood supply blockage
- Fluid-filled cavities
How is the spinal cord disorder diagnosis done?
The proper careful examination must be done before starting the treatment plan. Apart from that, there are many other diagnostic tests that can be performed to better understand the entire situation like:
- X-rays are done to have a better check at the tumor or fracture
- Spine CT or Spine MRI is done which helps in better checking the spinal cord pressure
- Myelography is done to check the location & what all sorts of abnormalities are present in the spinal cord
- An electromyogram is done which helps in checking which nerve root is there
How to treat spinal cord disorder?
The spinal cord disorder treatment depends on what’s the location & how severe the problem is. It’s essential to better check the entire situation & understand all the complications. Some of the treatment options which are included for the spinal cord disorder are:
- Activity modification
- Occupational or physical therapy
- Surgery if the condition demands
- Medications are given which helps to better control the situation like pain, bladder dysfunction & bowel problems, muscle spasticity, pain, and other issues.